Business & Investor Visas
Business and Investor Visas
Business/Investor visas are suitable to those successful business owners or investors who have had a history of requisite business activity or investment or want to take entrepreneurial activity in Australia. Most business visas in Australia require a State or Territory sponsorship/nomination before being able to lodge a visa application. Some of the major visas are given below however please note that there are many visa streams within each class and which stream suits you best will depend on your personal circumstances and turnover of your business/investment.
1. Business Innovation and Investment Visa 188 (Provisional)
There are five streams within this subclass:-
- Business Innovation Stream– for those who are nominated by a state or territory government and want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia. One will need to submit an EoI, score 65 points and be invited to apply.
- Business Investor Stream– for those who want to make designated investment of AUD 1.5 million in a state or territory government security and engage in a business or investment activity. One will need to submit an EoI, score 65 points and be invited to apply.
- Significant Investor Stream (SIV)- for those who are willing to invest at least AUD 5 million into complying investments in Australia for four years. This is a provisional visa leading to permanent one after 4 years. Visa nomination from a state or territory government or Austrade will be required.
- Premium Investor Stream (PIV)- for those who are nominated by Austrade and are willing to invest at least AUD 15 million in complying investments in Australia.
- Entrepreneur Stream-for those who have third party funding of at least AUD 200,000 to facilitate an entrepreneur activity resulting in innovation of a product or service. Visa nomination from a state or territory government will be required.
- Link to free assessment page
2. Business Innovation and Investment Visa 888
Permanent visas under subclass 888 are as below:
- Business Innovation Stream – eligible to apply two years after owning and operating eligible business while holding provisional visa 188.
- Business Investor Stream – for those who have held their designated investment in a state or territory government security for four years while holding a provisional visa 188 in Investor stream.
- Significant Investor Stream- for those who have held their complying investment continuously for four years while holding a provisional visa 188 in Significant Investor or Significant Investor Extension stream.
- Premium Investor Stream- for those who have held their complying premium investments continuously for one year while holding a provisional visa 188 in Premium Investor stream and are nominated by the commonwealth government.
- Entrepreneur Stream- for those who have held their provisional Entrepreneur Visa for four years and have had a successful record of entrepreneurial activity during this time. Applicants will need to demonstrate the completion of key and supporting success factors.
3. Business Talent Visa 132
Permanent visas for those who are nominated by a state or territory government and want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia. There are two stream:
- Significant Business History Stream– for those high net worth individuals who have an outstanding commercial history of owning and running a business.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream – for those who have funding of at least AUD 1 Million from an Australian venture capital firm to facilitate an entrepreneur activity resulting in innovation of a product or service. The venture capital firm must be a member of Australian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association limited (AVCAL).
Please note this is just a brief description and each visa subclass has its own eligibility criteria to be satisfied to make a valid application. For more information and requirements on applying for any of these Visa, please contact us for your complimentary initial consultation or complete the assessment questionnaire.
Any advice on this website is of a general nature only, does not constitute legal advice and has not been tailored to your personal circumstances. Transmission of information is not intended to create an agent/client relationship between the sender and receiver. Any material obtained on this site should not be relied upon as a substitute for detailed advice. Please seek personal advice prior to acting on this information. The information on this website reflects our understanding of existing legislation, proposed legislation, rulings etc as at the date of issue. Ellerfield Migration will endeavour to update the website as needed.